How to Scrub Face Properly?
Scrubbing is also known as exfoliation. Scrubbing plays an important role to remove the dead skin cells, it also rubs the dirt and sebum from the skin surface, polishes the skin, refines pores, and smoothes wrinkles. Our skin cells become dead overtime to give the space to new cells. So, it is necessary to exfoliate them to keep skin healthy and glowing. Before recommending some market products for scrubbing, we will share some DIYs or home remedies with you to scrub the face properly at home.
Nothing you put on your skin is going
to work unless you scrub.
Here are some steps to scrub your skin:
- Choose the right face scrub for your skin according to skin type that can either be oily or dry.
- Apply the scrub on your skin and massage it gently in a circular motion.
- Wash it off after some time. Use lukewarm water or tap water to rinse it off.
- Apply some moisturizer or an essential oil after scrubbing on the skin.
- Scrub out 2-3 times a week.
Measure: If your skin is dry, don’t massage or scrub it hardly or for a long time.
Types of Exfoliation:
One should not only know “how to scrub face properly?” but also know the ways and methods to exfoliate the skin and the benefits of different chemicals to use on skin.
It uses mechanical force to remove dead skin cells’ build-up. One should control pressure intensity and exfoliate gently to avoid skin damage. Physical exfoliation can harm dry and sensitive skin. common examples are the face scrub, body scrub, brush, towel.
It uses chemicals to break the bond between dead skin cells. e.g., creams containing AHA and BHA. Once chemicals are applied to the skin, it becomes difficult to control the acid intensity. It can irritate dry and sensitive skin. Common examples are the use of glycolic acid and salicylic acid face wash and creams.
AHA & BHA:
- AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid
- BHA stands for Beta Hydroxy Acid
- AHA treats lines, wrinkles, pigmentation & sun damage while BHA treats acne & breakouts.
- AHA removes dead cells on the surface of the skin and BHA cleans the pores clogged with oil and dead cells.
- Major acids are glycolic and lactic acid in AHA and salicylic acid is major in BHA.
- AHA is ideal for dry skin and BHA is ideal for oily skin.
Why One should Scrub Face (Exfoliate)?
Here we are sharing some benefits of face scrub with you. These will give you some reason to scrub face properly.
- Exfoliation fights against skin dullness and gives a more even look.
- It fades discoloration and sunspots.
- By regular exfoliation, your skin can fight against wrinkles and fine lines.
- If one has clogged pores on the skin, exfoliation helps to unclog and obtain a more radiant look.
- It also fights against acne and redness.
- Reduces pimples, acne breakouts, and blemishes.
- Allows fresh, young, new skin cells to emerge.
- Exfoliation works against hyperpigmentation.
- Scrubbing increases blood circulation and boosts collagen production.
- It helps in better penetration of skincare products.
- Exfoliation increases blood circulation that keeps skin young.
Choose Best Scrub According to Skin:
For Normal Skin:
Normal skin is a balanced skin type. For normal skin, choose face scrub that enhances the complexion and rubs out the deal cells while massages gently and finish out the better skin tone.
For Oily Skin:
Oily skin produces oil which causes acne and pimples. You should choose vegetable scrub it prepares from the extraction of vegetables or also can use flower scrub for oily skin.
For Dry Skin:
Dry skin needs hydration, you should select the scrub that is creamy or have a hydrating effect. It enhances the moisture of the skin and dissipates dryness.
For Combination Skin:
It is a combination of dry and oily skin. It either has dry-combination on cheeks and oil-combination on the t-zone or its reverse. Usually, combination skin has large pores. Sugar with honey scrub gives the best result for combination skin.
For Sensitive Skin:
It is very touchy or sensitive to heat, cold, and any chemical. Carelessness can harm the skin and damage skin cells. To exfoliate this type of skin, cucumber, and the oatmeal mask is very effective.
DIY: Face Scrub
If you dream to have glowing skin, exfoliation helps to fix uneven texture and skin tone. To make exfoliation scrub, take two tablespoon baking soda, one tablespoon honey, and one tablespoon olive oil. Mix them well and prepare a paste texture. Rub it on your skin for one minute and keep for 4-5 minutes then wash and apply moisturizer.
If you have an acne problem, mix two tablespoon oatmeal, one tablespoon honey and one tablespoon lemon juice. Prepare a sandy scrub. because of oatmeal, its texture will be sand-like. Massage it on your skin for a few minutes. Rinse out with tap water and apply some moisturizer.
If you have dark spots on the skin, take one tablespoon baking soda and one tablespoon lemon juice. Mix them well and prepare a paste texture. Apply it to your skin for a few minutes. Consequently, dark spots will vanish and you will get spot-free skin.
DIY: Coffee Scrub:
- Grind coffee (1 tablespoon)
- Organic coconut oil (1/2 tablespoon)
- Sugar (1/2 tablespoon)
Mix well all ingredients, make a paste. Rub it for 2-3 minutes on the skin. After that rinse off from the face with lukewarm water or tap water. Coffee scrub results in very smooth, glowing, dirt-free skin.
DIY: Cocoa Powder Scrub:
- Cocoa Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Organic coconut oil (1 tablespoon)
Cocoa powder has a very heavenly fresh smell. Mix with coconut oil, and make a paste. Apply it and let it stay for 2-3 minutes on the skin. Then rub it and rinse off with lukewarm water or tap water. Cocoa scrub gives a glow to the skin and keeps it soft.
Best Storage Place for Scrub?
Must read the product label to see the recommendations about usage and storage of the product. Most facial scrubs are recommended to keep in a cool place.
If you make economical facial and body scrubs at home. It must be better to keep them in a cool place like a refrigerator or in the shower.
Warnings for Scrubbing:
- Do never use too hot water on the face, it results in dryness of the skin.
- Don’t over scrub your skin. Too much exfoliation eventually dry out the skin and damage it the form of peeling.
- If your skin is sensitive, it is preferred to scrub only one time in a week.
- The person having skin problems like acne with inflammation, rosacea, red scars, etc.. should not use a face scrub. Firstly they should consult with a skin specialist to cure their skin problem.
- Some scrubs are work just for exfoliation. So, it is necessary to wash out your face before scrubbing to clean the dirt and oil.
- After scrubbing, there is no need to use face wash.
- Moisturize your skin after scrubbing with moisturizer or any essential oil like coconut oil.
Femingle wants to share with you the best tips and tricks to be beautiful, look attractive, and have nostalgia. Don’t forget to share with us your experience while you use our remedies and also Femingle give the best bridal makeup service at home in lahore
You may like to get our services